FROMAGES DE COCAGNE : THE FIRST WHOLESALER TO PROMOTE SOUTH-WEST FRANCE’S DIVERSITY
THE LAND OF PLENTY : A BRIEF HISTORY
In the past, the French term cocagne meant a dried ball of ground woad leaves that brought Toulouse great wealth and gave it a nickname: Le Pays de Cocagne, which is also a French expression denoting a mythical land of plenty.
Today, the prosperity of our region can be seen in the diversity of its cheese. South-west France harbours hundreds of small-scale cheesemakers who deserve to be known and appreciated.
For us, the legendary land of plenty is not a myth. It is a reality we would like to share with the world through a name: Fromages de Cocagne.
A WIDE RANGE, FROM AUTHENTICITY TO ORIGINALITY
• The seven categories of cheese represented
• Famous names in cheese
• Big industrial groups excluded
• Small-scale craft cheesemakers
• Farm products
• Home maturing, home products
A FAIR WHOLESALER FIGHTING FOR DIVERSITY AMONG PRODUCTS
Fromages de Cocagne is all about a pledge. It is a pledge to defend diversity among products
from south-west France’s cheesemakers in the face of big industrial groups imposing standardisation on them.
Fromages de Cocagne wholeheartedly plays its role in the rural ecosystem by keeping alive the business of established producers and by revealing bold creators.
Our pledge involves buying at fair prices and being completely transparent about the
origins, ingredients and production methods of our products.
A SERVICE DEDICATED TO PROFESSIONALS
• Consultancy: Supporting you in your cheese choices
• Seasonality: Developing your cheese range at a seasonal pace
• Story : Giving you a tale to tell for each product
• Flexibility : Serving you by adapting to your needs